7

DONE
Seventh Series: Parasol, ed. 10. On Sunday afternoon I was wandering around Soho and Chinatown looking for art supplies and little toys. Broiling heat, no hat, no sunglasses. I saw the sensible ladies on Mott Street with their parasols and wished for one myself. Collages placed July 20-22, 2010. Each collage consists of a 2 x 3 ½ inch polybag, a photograph of my hand on mylar, a butterfly sequin (silver or green), over a cut sheet of Chinese joss paper. Inside is a yellow or blue paper parasol to shade your mai tai. The collage is attached with red circular sticker. On verso are three red star sequins and a signifier word sticker with the edition number and web-site address. Signifier words for this series are: brolly, gamp, higasa, ómbros, parasol, skiadeion, sunshade , umbrella, パラソル, 傘 . Did you see one? Tell me.